Hybrid? Yes. The OHM Hybrid handpan combines a handpan and a tongue drum into a single instrument! It gives you the most resonant and meditative experience from a handpan you could ever dream of. This musical instrument is one of a kind, developed collaboratively by Grahm Doe from HAPI Drum and David Beery. The US Patented design combines the sounds of the top shell handpan notes with the bottom shell tongues to produce an extremely mesmerizing sonic experience. Great for chanting, Tibetan style throat singing, meditative singing, drone sounds, and classic handpan performance.
OHM Hybrid handpan top shell only:
- Sunset scale (D) A C D E F G A. Play along with friends or groups in the key of D minor. Classic handpan tone, but with enhanced bottom shell sustain from the tongues!
OHM Hybrid handpan bottom shell tongues:
- Sunset scale D A C D E F G A. The bottom shell tongues resonate with the top shell handpan notes in a novel and utterly new way. They create a unique droning sound and add sustain to every note you play. You can even play the bottom tongues with special rubber mallets!
The Ohm Hybrid handpan features the clean and elegant Clarity finish. It has a beautifully resonant tone with lots of sustain; crisp attack, and mellow decay. Excellent for meditation, sound baths, and performance.
The Clarity finish resists water, salt water, and mild acids extremely well. If you live in a humid, wet, or ocean environment, the Clarity finish will give you peace of mind. To see our rust test click here.
- Steel: Low carbon steel. 21” diameter.
- Finish: Colors vary. Blue-grey with warm almond colors with clear Clarity coat.
- Metal stand available.
- Compatible with our Backpack and Hardcase20