Welcome to our NEW 21” diameter GAIA! Two GAIA21 options are available:
1) Nitrided Steel – a classic blue/grey appearance and classic nitrided sound. Nitrided steel resists rust and corrosion when properly cared for. Far better than plain steel.
2) Stainless Steel – a beautiful golden appearance and a very clean and sustained sound. Plus stainless steel resists rust and corrosion extremely well!
The larger 21″ diameter size creates a bolder sound from many popular scales, plus, we can accommodate new scales. Excellent for meditation, sound baths, and performance. The GAIA 21 is available in 8 and 9 note designs.
Please welcome our NEW Ra Scale!
The Ra scale is named after the Egyptian god Ra who ruled over all other gods. Similarly, our new Ra scale when combined with our new MagnaPitch technique can create MULTIPLE SCALE OPTIONS from a single handpan!!!
The Ra scale played alone features the following scale tones: (D) A B C# D E F# G A. It is essentially a beautiful D major scale. When magnets are added to specific notes in specific MagnaPitch locations the pitch of the notes can be altered without affecting playability. Dii technicians use electronic tuning devices to accurately mark the positions for user friendly magnets to be mounted internally. The magnets can be moved by the user at any time to adjust scales as they wish. The magnets are similar to a capo for guitar or ukulele. Occasionally, the magnets muffle the sound of the notes slightly, but the difference is largely unnoticeable to listeners and audiences. The benefits far outweigh the deficits!
Here is a list of scales that can be derived from the original Ra scale:
- D Mixolydian (D) A B C D E F# G A
- D Dorian (D) A B C D E F G A
- D minor Hijaz (D) A Bb C# D E F G A
- G minor Hijaz (D) A Bb C D Eb F# G A
- Kurd: (D) A Bb C D E F G A
- See the link below for more info and more scale options!
Video coming soon!